Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 all of a sudden?!

I knew my block was languishing, but imagine my surprise when I reviewed the 3 scant posts I've published so far and realized it's been a year since I wrote!

And what a year - I was at a New Year's Day party and catching up with someone I hadn't seen in a while, when I said the past few years have been like living in a blender.  Since the words left my mouth, I've been rolling them around on my tongue and tasting the truth of it.

So many corners have been turned, so many stories have begun and ended and paused, where do I even begin to start again...? There is so much banging around in my head, a million half-spoken sentences, half-thunk thoughts, stories I want to finish or edit, and new beginnings I want to make to get the new results I want.

Where do I begin...?!?

I decided to just start.  Do something.  Commit.  Even if it's just words on a screen.  There we are.  That should change something.

No comments:

Post a Comment