Saturday, January 28, 2012

New Year, new life?

Maybe so, maybe no!  I gave up New Year's resolutions so many years ago I can't remember now.  What I found was, I resolve so many things throughout the year that December 31 is just one more on the list and it isn't that significant.

What I also found is, it takes works.  I can't just decide something and make it so.  I need to devote energy to it on a regular basis and if I don't do that, another day/week/month/year goes by...

Sometimes I feel like one of those circus performers spinning plates on a stick; just when the last one is spinning right, the first one is faltering...and so on, and so on.  Getting it just right takes a lot of work and if it isn't worth it, why continue?

Balance is attainable, but not infinitely.  It depends on what really matters - and those few things that really matter don't change as time goes on.  For me, they just come into sharper focus year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment